Addayln and Aiden will be 4 days old tonight! Wow that is crazy saying out loud. Every morning since I have been admitted into the hospital I see one of the doctors at 6:30AM. She is never late. ha ha Usually I dread that early wake up filled with questions and answers I know I will forget. This morning was different though....I knew today was the day we discussed getting discharged from the hospital and all I could think in my head was all the different lies I could come up with that would keep me here longer. Thankfully everything is going well with me but I'm definately not ready to leave this place and love being able to turn the corner to see the babies whenever I'd like. So by the end of the conversation the doctor said I'm ready to go home....... of course she most have read my face b/c she quickly informed me that we can fill out a form to stay tonight if the room is available and they don't need the room. So that is exactly what we are going to try to do! YEAH!
Ellen is coming today to spend the day with me and the babies and I believe Brian is going to go to work 1/2 day. I know it will be hard for him to be away so I'm hoping he will be super busy at work so he will not have much time to think about being away and that it will go quickly.
Update on the babies-Addayln is is now wearing baby clothes. She may only fit into preemie clothes for 1 more week the nurse says. She is taking a bottle and eating every 3 hours. I love her double chin she has! Aiden- is back on the cpap..not for the oxygen but for the pressure. It is hard to see him covered with all the tubing but I know it won't be long until he is off. He also has jaundic which means he has to be under these bright lights. I love the little black sunglasses he has to wear. They are saying maybe 2 days under the lights. Our prayers are being answered everyday and we look forward to the new things we learn about our babies every visit. I plan on posting some new pictures later today.
Hey Emily-
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear things are going so well.
The girls and I are very anxious to see you, Brian and your kids - that blows my mind =>
We're ready to 'serve' you in any way. Baby holding is first on the list - but we'll take
care of anything you need.
C,C,&C
Emily,
ReplyDeleteEmily Brescher (Smith) gave me this website earlier this evening. I am so happy for you and your family. Your babies are beautiful! We wish you the best.
Love,
Will & Annie Lesko