

It is weird telling people that my babies (I'm working on saying kids) are 13 months old! They both had a great first year and stayed really healthy. They didn't really ever sick unless you count a stuffed up nose a time or too. Now it seems like we are getting hit hard with sickness ever since they turned 1. I'm not sure why!?! First they both got the flu! Then ear infections! They both got bad colds but then Aiden's was turning into another ear infection so he was put on a stronger antibiotic. WELL....he is allergic to it!!! Allergic reactions have to be one of the scariest things that I've had to deal with as a mommy. Aiden was covered in hives in 1 day and I mean hives that covered his whole body. You couldn't see his regular skin color anywhere! He had really high fevers.....and by the end of the week he started to swell (legs, arms, and lips) So we had our first ER visit at Riley Hospital. That was not a fun experience espically for Aiden. But now we are recovering and have no hives:) The picture doesn't come close to seeing how bad he looked but when he was really bad I was mainly holding him.
We have been outside a lot since the weather started getting nice. They LOVE dogs, or maybe I should say they are OBSESSED with dogs. I hear the word 'dog' ALL DAY. When they are looking out the window they are saying "dog, dog, dog." Aiden also says 'cat' looking for a cat. They are both big talkers and blow me away with their vocabulary! Our house is still for sale and we've had many showings but no offers yet. We are anxious to move and we hope it will happen sometime soon.
We are thrilled to have their new cousin, Baby Laney:) She is such a good baby and looks gorgeous! I think she really looks like her mommy:) We are looking forward to the Cash Vacation and Brinkman Vacation this year. We are very fortunate to be going to Gatlinburg with my family and then to Florida with Brian's family (Disney:) ). Brian and I are still planning on running in the mini....of course with all the sickness the past 2 months my training has been slacking. Hopefully March and April we can really get into gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment